By Ekland Durousseau, American Red Cross
February 20th is National Love Your Pet Day! We know you consider your pet part of the family so set aside some time to give extra love and attention to your fur baby of choice!
Top 5 things to do with/for your pet:
Make a cool toy! A quick DIY can bring hours of happiness and delight for you and your pet! The Social has several suggestions for fast toy projects.
Plan a fun activity that exercises their body and mind. Stimulating your pet with exercise and play time will help keep them healthy and happy! Vetstreet has numerous activities that will keep your pet hopping!
Whip up a delicious homemade treat! Show your furry connoisseur how much you care with a special homemade treat! AllRecipes has more than 30 recipes designed to make your pet’s mouth water!
Take a different/longer route on your daily walk. Mix it up and give your best fur-friend something new to see and smell! Visit a local park or take the road less travelled.
Download the Red Cross Pet First Aid App directly to your iPhone or Android device. Look after the wellbeing of your furry friend and keep emergency information at your fingertips.
The Red Cross pet first aid app helps dog and cat owners learn how to provide emergency care until veterinary assistance is available. Owners also learn how to plan, and what supplies to have on hand, for their pet in case of a disaster. By putting veterinary advice for everyday emergencies in the palm of your hand you are prepared to act when called upon.
RED CROSS FIRST AID APP FEATURES:
- Easily toggle between “Dog” and “Cat” content.
- Learn signs of a healthy dog or cat.
- Instant access to step-by-step instructions, videos and images for more than 25 common first aid and emergency situations for dogs and cats.
- Learn how to treat wounds, control bleeding and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- Programmable ‘click-to-call’ feature to quickly contact your veterinarian.
- Animal hospital locator to find emergency pet care facilities or alternate veterinarians.
- And much more.
Download our pet first aid app and be #RedCrossReady for you and your pet! #NationalLoveYourPetDay