Ekland Durousseau, American Red Cross contributor
Each year, the Red Cross responds to nearly 64,000 disasters, the vast majority of which are home fires. In 2014 the Red Cross began The Home Fire Campaign with the goal of reducing fire-related deaths and injuries in the U.S. 25 percent by 2020. As a volunteer-led organization, we need your help to get there.
Top five ways to #SoundTheAlarm and #EndHomeFires
- Visit the Texas Gulf Coast Sound The Alarm site and sign up to become a volunteer.
- If you are already a Red Cross volunteer go to Volunteer Connection and sign up for the next installation event.
- Share Red Cross social media stories, pictures and information on your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
- Write a message with meaning on one of our selfie signs, post to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and tag us. hfc-sta-wat-selfie-sign
- If you can’t donate your time, consider a gift to the Red Cross. Your contribution will help families prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from home fires.